Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Korina Poison Ivy June 2015

One of the most horrible events I have ever experienced in my life was getting Poison Ivy while I was Pregnant. I was a lot sicker during the first trimester, had suffered some major constipation where Nic had to even give me a blessing while I was on the toilet, because after over an hour of sitting there I couldn't take it any more.  But this event topped it all.

June 15th I went and taught my Tumble 1 class at the Y. It seamed like a normal day. But that night I barely slept. I woke up several times feeling like bugs were crawling on me. I was super paranoid and my mind was even freaking me out to where I was wondering if we had bed bugs. The 16th I had a couple red spots on my left forearm, bicep, and left thy. I spent a couple days dealing with the pain and using some essential oils which seemed to keep it at bay even though I still had some discomfort. Then Friday Night and Saturday morning I didn't put anything on it and it took a turn for the worse. Friday I got into a doctor at a walk in clinic and she thought it was just a rash and what she prescribed me didn't help at all. That Night I was super itchy and Nic had me take a bath and use calamine lotion. It didn't help at all. Saturday Night I tried this Super itchy poison ivy cream after several people recommended it. It made everything worse. Sunday Night I was in so much discomfort and pain I woke up crying I couldn't take it any more. I have never been in so much pain in all my life. It was honesty more painful then giving birth to Thorsten. Nic just rubbed my back and I just cried and prayed. Begging for my heavenly fathers and Saviors help to help make the pain go away. Nic gave me a blessing and I was able to go to sleep. Sunday the morning the boys went to church and I texted one of my really good friends Rachel Vrooman from College who is now an OBGYN and she told me that there were plenty of steroid medications that I could take topical and even oral and that I just needed to demand it from my doctor and not wait. That was the motivation I needed!
These first pictures is when it was literally at the worst point....once I started to get cream on it you can see the child's hand print.


These are from after a couple days of the topical cream....but it was still spreading!! uggg!!!





The doctor gave me some topical cream which I took for a couple days. it helped a little bit. But it continued to Spread. So I had to go in again and they put in an order for Predisone a very strong oral steroid. Also while it was healing....you could start to see child hand prints come out as you can see in these pictures. The doctor told me that he was pretty sure it was poison ivy and that I could have remnants of it for up to 3 months. Getting the oral steroid was a nightmare. The girl had called it in to Costco and there system was down for like an hour so I had to wait an extra day to get the steroid.  it took forever to heal. We have amazing friends that helped watch Thorsten for me when I needed help. I think the pictures say enough. It was pretty horrible to say the least. During the worst part of it...our Montana Mom Laurie Raymond was staying with us while she was going to school for a week to get her Realtors License. It was a huge blessing to have her here. Overall Thorsten was really good for me. He could see how much pain I was in and felt really bad for me. He kept saying mama has lots of owie 

No comments:

Post a Comment